Head of Finance
Michael Page Finance are delighted to be working in partnership with a market leading business in Bristol to appoint a Head of Finance. A new role within an evolving finance function with a succession path over the next 18-24 months into a No#2 role in finance.
Our client is based in Bristol and is a market leading business with a tangible product and the right infrastructure to double in size over the next 5 years. The Head of Finance will be joining the business at the perfect time to capitalise on their journey.
Located in Bristol, this is a newly created role as Head of Finance is tasked with driving change during an exciting growth period. The business want to over-hire into this seat with the promise of quick progression and an immediate focus on value-add activity; streamlining processes, driving best practice, automation opportunity and rebuilding MI (i.e. redoing dashboards from scratch).
Essentially once you have put the right foundations in place and upskilled the team to take responsibility without your day to day support, you move into a bigger role.
The successful Head of Finance will be within a commutable distance from Bristol and meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Strong leadership/management skills (able to demonstrate leading/developing a team >5)
- Proven track record owning the management account pack and other financial reporting
- Owning and driving the use of financial reporting systems
- Leading process improvement initiatives and embedding best practice
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Experience working for an international business (desirable)
£60,000 - £68,000 (max salary, no flex) + Bonus + Benefits