Group Finance Project Accountant
Group Finance Project Accountant, Colchester
Your new company
This large commercial business is looking to recruit a Group Finance Project Accountant, with the opportunity to travel around Europe dependent on the projects at the time.
Your new role
As Group Finance Project Accountant you will report to the Group Finance Director (Projects) and your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Providing sound financial support and advice, maintaining strong relationships with internal customers and evaluating processes to ensure that robust, relevant and adequate financial controls are in place
- Assist in the finance integrating of new operations
- Ad-hoc projects to improve finance processes and support projects with a material financial implication
- Prepare and present reports that reflect results of any investigations / projects
- Agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations
- Follow up with the Business to ensure any agreed recommendations are delivered in a timely fashion (and to budget where applicable)
- Routinely travel to different sites in the UK and Europe to meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc and develop Group wide systems and procedures as required
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Risk management and control for document process and prepare audit findings reports, conducting follow up audits to monitor progress, maintenance of Risk Register
- Work with third parties to ensure Transfer Pricing documentation is accurate and supported by local bench marking
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding relevant rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
What you'll need to succeed
We are keen to hear from individuals who are capable of supporting a dynamic business through growth. The Group Finance Project Accountant should possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and audit techniques. They should hold a professional qualification in audit or accountancy and have proven experience within either Internal Audit or as a Group Finance Project Accountant with a good understanding of accounting standards, procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
The Group Finance Project Accountant will be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence and present at all levels. They should have high attention to detail, be analytical and be able to demonstrate sound independent judgement. They will have advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases with the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile high quality detailed reports. The Group Finance Project Accountant will need to have an enquiring nature, be conscientious, flexible and dedicated to the role; confidentiality is essential. Knowledge of German would be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
In return you'll find a company that treats you with respect, has a friendly and professional working environment, offering excellent benefits and opportunities for personal growth.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.