Financial Planning & Analysis - Analyst
Providing Financial Planning and Controlling expertize to the organization by compiling and analyzing metrics, identifying trends and problems, communicating information to relevant groups and recommending actions to improve financial performance. Bangalore candidates shall be given preference
Main Accountabilities :-
- Perform analysis of business performance versus budget and forecast.
- Perform benchmarking of key performance indicators with external and internal peers.
- Work with the other financial professionals in Divisions / Regions / Countries and functions to understand and analyze the drivers of financial performance and identify trends.
- Prepare financial analysis for various “what if” scenarios and sensitivity analysis and the overall impact to the business units.
- Analysis of overhead under / over absorption indicating root cause
- Preparing and analysing Product / Customer profitability.
- Calculation of Labour hour rates and overhead absorption rate for different business scenarios.
- Perform cost / benefit analysis, NVP / IRR analysis and payback period for capex initiatives.
- Analysis of inventories and NWC
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as per Business units’ request
- Support preparation of relevant organization financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Validate accuracy of financial data and business information and reports by performing reconciliation and review of exceptions
Information and communication
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, presentation of findings and analysis
- Optimize own performance to increase productivity by developing automated solutions, eliminating duplications, coordinating information requirements.
- Recommend changes of process standards and procedures to improve the timely performance of process activities
- Identify areas for process / report standardization across different countries, divisions and business units.
Internal control and documentation
- Ensure processes and controls within own area of responsibility are designed and implemented in line with Group and unit requirements.
- Maintain proper audit trail and documentation for future tax / internal / external audits and reviews
- Prepare SOPs for all activities performed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough / detail oriented approach.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Hands on experience in SAP FICO and COPA modules
- Basic Knowledge of Sales & Distribution, Production planning, Projects, Material master modules in SAP
- Experience with MS Office
- Ability to work with diverse teams across different countries.
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to quality
Up to 4 year experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, preferably in a Manufacturing unit.
Education:Bachelor degree in Accounting with CMA/ CA / MBA
ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization, committed to solving some of the biggest challenges of our time.
From improving people’s access to reliable, sustainable energy, to helping cities, industries and transportation networks run better, our team of 147,000 and counting works on projects that make a real and positive impact. We can only do so with the contributions of our people, who bring expertise, experience and new perspectives to ABB – and to our customers – in more than 100 countries.