Bookkeeper and Accounts Manager
Hands on role to work at your own initiative
My Client is an independent, five partner practice based in London, close to Victoria Station.
After more than 70 years in practice they have developed close working relationships with many of their long established clients whilst still looking to develop new business.
Working primarily on Sage Line 50 but also on Quickbooks & Xero.
- Bank, cash, payroll, sales & purchase ledger input & reconciliations.
- Preparation & filing of VAT returns.
- Good knowledge of the principles and workings of VAT.
- Preparation of periodic management accounts.
- Preparation of annual accounts to trial balance stage, including computing accruals, prepayments, depreciation etc. and preparing working paper files to a high and professional standard. Working on IRIS software.
- Capable of working on numerous clients' affairs, adhering to client and statutory deadlines.
- Able to work under own initiative and unsupervised in our offices or at client's premises.
- Liaising with clients on a regular and timely basis to obtain their books and records.
- Dealing directly with clients to resolve discrepancies and other issues.
- Ability to deal with clearing up problem bookkeeping records.
- Provision of support to the other members of the team.
- Other ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- Detailed knowledge of the operation, installation and technical aspects of Sage Line 50 & associated products required.
- Processing of monthly payrolls for a number of clients using data supplied by clients in various formats.
- Dealing with and incorporating into payrolls calculations of overtime, commissions, bonuses, holiday pay, statutory sick/maternity pay, pension and auto-enrolment deductions etc.
- Processing leavers & joiners and associated documentation.
- Handling RTI & AE periodic filings.
- Liaison with clients, HMRC and other staff on payroll matters and queries.
- Proactive in their approach to the role and the requirements of the firm.
- Ability to communicate and interact with staff and clients on a professional level.
- Able to organise, manage and control their own workload and adhere to client and office deadlines and discretion.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook in particular) as well as bookkeeping software.
Competitive Salary Package