My client is a globally renowned Manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Tewkesbury. Looking for a costings Accountant to correctly ensure that material costings used within the business are used and that the balance sheet is correctly reflected.
This will also ensure that the correct costs are translated through the P&L in cost of sales and margin analysis by customer by product can be carried out. To achieve this, you will be responsible for the end to end completion of the costings process from ensuring purchasing prices are updated through to pricing complex sales projects by customer. You shall have a desire to be a world class finance function by participating in on-going process improvements with motivation and enthusiasm.
The ideal candidate will be inquisitive and accurate, comfortable with working with stakeholders in a range of departments including finance teams in a number of sites including the UK Finance Director, IT, Sales. The successful candidate will be ACCA or CIMA qualified, with experience of producing previous material costings accurately and have experience in manufacturing. A high degree of numeracy and advanced experience of Excel/spreadsheets with SAP experience is a must.
Main Duties & Responsibilities Include Daily creation of sales list prices per material by finish
- Periodic costings of projects by various customer streams
- Review daily reports of margin analysis by customer by material
- Suggestions as to how to improve the company's margin's
- Review and update daily the purchase price variances and correcting any purchase price lists with the ERP system
- Production of daily and monthly reports to internal business stakeholders, development of new reports under your own initiative to better improve company performance and visibility to the Managing Director.
- Continued improvement to already existing working practices to ensure best use of time at month end and help to implement more efficient reporting and management account reporting
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.