Purchase Ledger Clerk
I am exclusively recruiting for a permanent Purchase Ledger Clerk based in Stafford
Your new company
I am exclusively recruiting for a Purchase Ledger to join my client based in Stafford who are a leader in their field.
Your new role
In your new role as a Purchase Ledger Clerk in the accounts department you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive financial transaction, accounts payable and treasury function to the business You will be working alongside the Accounts Team, ensuring that all customer, supplier and internal transactions are completed in accordance within company guidelines and policies. You should be proactive by nature developing internal and external company relationships by professional and courteous inter-personal communication.
Your duties will include but not be limited to;
- Responsible for all group related transactions
- Process Sales Invoices and help with Cash Allocation on a daily basis.
- Help with the process on processing Purchase Invoices.
- Perform timely control related reconciliations for all accounts, Bank Rec, Sales Rec.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of appropriate levels of financial control for all financial processes, systems and documentation
- Help with providing a high quality premium service to customers and suppliers via telephone and email
- Protect the brand and reputation of both company and its clients by the delivery of first class service levels
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have previous experience in an all round Purchase Ledger role to enable you to hit the ground running
- Be proactive driving continuous improvement in processes and standards.
- A minimum of 1 year related experience is preferred, although someone with a commercially aware attitude within a similar role will be considered
- Experience and understanding of SAGE 50 & 100
- Experience with using excel spreadsheets
- Good organisational, people management, administration skills
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid planning and organisation abilities
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of internal CRM systems.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of c.£20,000 DOE plus other company benefits, on site parking and working hours are 7:30am-4:30pm Monday to Thursday and 7:30am-3pm Fridays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.