Are you passionate about running an effective and efficient finance function? Do you get a buzz out of making a positive impact on a business’ results and its people? Then join us at Solutions Group. In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the team, improving processes, ensuring compliance, and providing relevant timely reporting, analysis and insight to management.
Solutions Group (UK) Plc, established since 1991, is has group of associated companies with headquarters in Northampton. The group serves a diverse range of technologies in B2B markets, including satellite and television signal reception equipment and delivering high speed internet solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and developing a team of 5 direct reports
- Day-to-day operations of the Finance Department
- Managing cash flow / funding requirements
- Leading the monthly management reporting process, including financials, KPIs, analysis and commentary
- Developing and improving financial controls and processes
- Preparation of annual budgets, regular forecasts and input into longer term business plans
- Flash P&L and cash-flow reporting as required
- Providing insightful financial analysis to inform decision-making
- Preparation of draft full year financial accounts and be the key contact with the auditors
- Promoting a culture of strong controls, customer service and continuous improvement
This role will suit someone looking to take the next step in their career, or someone already in a Financial Controller position, particularly someone who is keen to have a real impact on the future of a business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ post qualified experience (ACA/ ACMA / ACCA)
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills
- Experience of financial reporting, planning and analysis; working capital management
- Proven experience in leading, motivating and developing a team
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills, including a sound knowledge of all MS-Office Applications
- Experience with ERP systems, Navision and Sage 1000 experience desirable
- Previous SME experience an advantage
What you'll get in return:
This is a permanent and full-time opportunity based in Northampton, offering £45,000-£55,000 per annum + benefits. This is a great opportunity to make a real impact on the future of the business.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV