Part Time Finance Manager
Part Time Finance Manager - Birmingham city centre - 22 hours per week
Your new company
We are recruiting for a B2B marketing company based in central Birmingham. The company are privately owned and are experiencing strong growth. They have an enviable client list and are looking to recruit a part time Finance Manager for 22 hours per week.
Your new role
As Finance Manager you will support the leadership team in controlling the day to day running of the finance function. Key duties include:
Financial Administration and Management
- Providing financial information and advice to the Board including producing monthly management accounts, cash flow forecasts, rolling annual forecasts.
- To monitor salaries and expenditure
- To manage the maintenance of accounting records relating to the budget together with the appropriate financial controls.
- To support the preparation of the annual budget.
- To manage the ordering, processing and payment of goods and services at best value
- To ensure up-to-date records of all expenditure and income are kept
- To lead all management of debt and timely payment of invoices. To follow through specific action plans to ensure client payments are on track.
- To produce monthly cash flow rolling forecasts
- To update the cash position weekly and report on any significant variances
Management and Board Reporting
- Preparation of Dashboard KPIs and clear narrative on major variances to plan
- Preparation of the full Board Management Pack accompanied by a narrative identifying major variances and recommendations on remedial actions
- Attendance at Board meetings and reporting on all Board notes and actions
Coordination of the year-end financial statements
- Preparation of the year-end Management Accounts in readiness to send to the accountants
- Planning for provisions, WIP documents, debtor analysis and other key documentation for the accountants to prepare the financial statements.
Administration of the company pension scheme
- Managing staff enrolment
- New staff inductions
- Liaison with the pension provider to ensure timely and accurate annual statements
What you'll need to succeed
You will be looking for a part time role for 22 hours per week and there is a flexibility on how these hours can be worked. You will be happy to work in a hands on environment. Knowledge of Sage and Xero would be beneficial.
What you'll get in return
Excellent benefits, superb work life balance and great flexibility in a interesting and growing company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.