Interim Finance Analyst
Our client - a very well known Leisure business based in Glasgow - are looking for an interim Finance Analyst for an initial 4 month period. There is a chance this role could go permanent.
A well known, highly aquisitive and rapidly growing Leisure business
The role will involve:
- Providing timely and accurate analysis and support to the business
- Assisting in the consolidation and presentation of actual results, budgets and forecasts, reporting customer, product and operations financial performance.
- Providing support to the team during strategic planning periods such as Business Plan, Capital Plan and Budget.
- Proactively look for changes in trading trends across the business, with flexibility to use different comparatives to analyse as appropriate.
- Providing monthly financial updates on where business areas are against their budget and forecast numbers, and challenging under and over spends.
- Develop and analyse financial KPI's, operational KPI's and other key data. Track progress against budget and forecast on a periodic basis.
- Finance lead on other ad-hoc projects as required.
- Attending monthly capex meetings and track all existing estate capex projects.
- Main point of contact for capex processes and approvals.
- Maintaining the Central P&L and capital spend.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the commercial trends impacting the business.
- Reviewing of monthly Capital Reporting submissions, coordinating new Capital Approvals, ensuring data submitted correctly and providing monthly commentary to the Head of Commercial Finance.
- Provide input into annual budgets, quarterly and monthly forecasts ensuring that the business department plans reflect strategies targets and other initiatives are incorporated.
- Reporting and investigating divisional overhead costs and operational expenses.
- Financial modelling as required.
- Maintenance and development of sales and gross margin reporting systems by business segment.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Qualified accountant
- Advanced Excel Skills including pivot tables/ v-lookups.
- Analytical/logical with an ability to see beyond the numbers and understand complex business relationships.
- Highly inquisitive and uses initiative to find alternative ways of solving problems to have the ability to forge long term commercial partnerships.
- Tenacious and resilient, not afraid to challenge.
- Excellent ability to build rapport with colleagues from across the business.
- Self-starter & highly motivated with a continuous improvement focus.
- Experience of ERP level accounting systems, MS Dynamics Navision an advantage.
- Understanding of the leisure/hospitality sector an advantage.
A competitive interim salary