Commercial Finance Manager
*Employer of Choice* - Fantastic Commercial Finance opportunity to join a global engineering firm
Your new company
You will be working within a wholly owned subsidiary of a multi-national, multi-specialist employer of choice, this subsidiary operates within the rail sector specialising in engineering.
Your new role
Working closely with both the Finance Director and Managing Director you will be responsible for a UK finance team based at the Derby site, and you will impact a number of commercial aspects within the business. You will be hands on, but also posses technical qualities which will benefit you when taking control of financial modelling projects.
Typical duties for this role include:
- Partner to the Business Leads to ensure commercial control of all UK operations
- Preparing and maintaining budgets and rolling forecasts and continuous monitoring and reporting of KPIs and variances for the local Board and head office
- Managing and implementing systems and procedures to ensure effective management of the company's finances and financial control
- Day to day management of external accounting matters
- Managing year-end audit process and production of statutory accounts with the company's auditors
- Taking responsibility for payroll and associated PAYE compliance
- Managing tax affairs and HMRC compliance, in conjunction with the company's auditors, including Corporation Tax returns and VAT, as applicable
This is a fast paced role with scope for both you and the team to grow over time, you will be flexible and willing to take on challenges that present themselves over time.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent), and will have experience working closely with senior leadership and your team to communicate on all financial aspects. You will have exceptional IT skills, including excel and experience in extensive financial modelling projects. Ideally you will also have worked or currently be employed within an Engineering or Manufacturing setting.
What you'll get in return
Basic salary up to £60,000 + bonus and additional benefits including an exceptional pension scheme and holiday allowance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.