Commercial Finance Analyst
Commercial Finance Analyst role in Central Reading
Your new company
My client is a public sector organisation based in the centre of Reading, who are looking for a new Commercial Finance Analyst to join their busy team. My client can offer flexible working hours and a highly competitive level of holiday days. Due to their central location there is no onsite parking, but there are brilliant public transport links.
Your new role
- Preparation of annual and forecast budgets in liaison with the Commercial Manager and budget holders to ensure the following years income and expenditure is profiled in accordance with the delivery plans and group level objectives
- Support with production of the summary monthly reporting pack and supporting narrative for the portfolio of projects to ensure accurate information is ed into the Consolidated Management Accounts. Liaise with Operational Management to ensure narratives are accurate and complete, highlighting key risks and mitigating actions to the Commercial Manager.
- Support with review of the detailed monthly Management Accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness. Providing guidance on technical queries to ensure correct accounting treatment is understood and followed, ensuring correct income recognition policies are adhered to.
- Provide support to the Commercial Manager and Financial Planning & Analysis Manager on the costing of new business opportunities ensuring accuracy and completeness. Liaise with the Commercial Manager to ensure accurate conversion of bid costings into operational budgets.
- Prepare accurate and timely detailed monthly management accounts in order to compare actual performance against budget. Highlight any areas of concern to the budget holder and ensure updated narratives are provided with any mitigating actions.
- Ensure correct balances for deferred and accrued income and regularly review the accruals commitment to ensure accuracy. Liaise with operational teams to ensure the self service element of Agresso is used correctly and ensure regular housekeeping is performed.
- Provide training for Operational departments in finance processes ensuring procedures are fully understood and followed.
- Regularly liaise with the Financial Accounting team to ensure the correct balance sheet position is shown in the accounts. Investigate any discrepancies and ensure sufficient justification is available to support the balances
- Ensure invoices are prepared in a timely manner and that all recoverable costs are billed promptly.
- Produce timely client reporting as requested, ensuring information is accurate and complete.
- Ensure knowledge and processes within individual projects are documented to facilitate effective cover for periods of leave and to facilitate an efficient hand over of projects.
- Assist in the year-end audit preparations.
- Produce ad hoc financial reports as requested by the Finance Management Team and budget holders.
- Carry out other such activities to support the Commercial Finance Team.
What you'll need to succeed
- A thorough understanding of accounting concepts
- Experience in preparing detailed Budgets and Management Accounts
- Experience of investigating variances and queries
- Flexibility to manage the reporting of multiple projects
- Proven experience of setting up new projects through to project close down
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. Due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.