Michael Page are proud to be working with an impressive FMCG business in Preston. We are keen to speak to experienced Cost / Management Accountants who are able to forge fantastic working relationships with opertions based stakeholders.
Our Preston based FMCG client are a reputable brand with long history and a supportive, friendly team.
Having grown consistently in recent years, we are looking to expand the team with an experienced Cost / Management Accountant who can help to improve factory efficiency, and work hand in hand with none finance staff to drive excellence in the operations side of the business.
We are eager to speak to experienced, confident Cost Accountants who are able to quickly add value to a growing, evolving manufacturing organisation.
This Preston based role is ideal for a formally qualified / qualified by experience accountant with substantial experience of evaluating stock, as well as analysing shop floor performance to advise senior stakeholders on how to improve cost efficiency and capability.
The key responsibilities for this Preston based Cost / Management Accountant role are as follows:
- Utilise standard product costing techniques to quickly establish where the business is making money
- Fully investigate the Bill of Materials
- Review and develop more thorough processes and controls relating to production and inventory
- Prepare an in depth analysis of production and spend variances
- Monthly WIP and inventory valuation and reconciliation to the general ledger ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved accurately
- Review and maintain the standard costing system
- Supporting in the preparation of the annual manufacturing budget
- Assisting with monthly reporting
- Building productive working relationships with colleagues on the shop floor, as well as senior stakeholders to add value and drive performance
The successful candidate for this Cost / Management Accountant role based in Preston will be a formally / informally qualified accountant with a passion for and a deep knowledge of the manufacturing sector.
Here's some other key attributes for the role:
- An ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant, or qualified by experience with extensive experience of cost accounting within the manufacturing industry
- Able to demonstrate an ability to quickly add value within a manufacturing organisation
- A confident communicator, able to challenge established norms and improve current processes in an efficient, yet diplomatic manner
- A proven Cost Accountant with considerable experience of working in a similar role in a fast paced, hands on environment
- A logical, capable accountant with experience of standard costings, bill of materials, and inventory management
- A loyal, dedicated accountant looking for a new challenge in a successful business
The successful candidate for this Preston based Cost / Management Accountant role will receive a salary of £40,000.