Head of Finance
1 day left
- Level of qualification
This is a great opportunity for a Head of Finance to work for a growing charity at a critical point in its history where there is huge potential to make an impact and shape its future.
The Charity works with over 15,000 young people a year on providing educational and employment support for those both in and coming out of school. If you are the type of person who wants their contribution to really add value in a community based charity then you've come to the right place.
As the Head of Finance your responsibilities include:
- Taking the lead all aspects of Finance: Statutory Accounts; Monthly Management Accounts; Cash Flow; Controls, Policies, and Procedures; Financial Compliance and Appraisal; Finance Training; Business Partnering and working with the Senior Management Team.
- Manage the Budgeting process in an efficient and consultative manner and deliver the operational budgets on time, presenting this to managers or committees as required.
- Working with Heads of Services to ensure effective Budgetary Management.
- Acting as a deputy to the Director of Resources on all financial matters.
- Directly manage the Management and Financial Accountant and lead in their development.
- Lead in the efficient operation and implementation of approved Treasury Management Procedures including: the provision of accurate cash flow forecasts, dealing with loan rolls and drawdowns, and dealing with investment of surplus funds.
The organisation, based in London, are looking for an aspirational individual who firmly believes in the values and aims of the organisation. The Finance team need a qualified accountant with strong management experience to help lead the organisation through challenges and opportunities.
You will need to have good all-round accounting skills, with the ability to produce Year-End and Management Accounts. Excellent communication skills are a must, and you should be able to effectively partner with a wide-range of senior financial and non-financial stakeholders, as well as lead a team of five.
You will have experience of managing a finance team (a minimum of two people), preferably in a charity setting. It is essential that you can demonstrate strong management skills and evidence managing a team through a cultural change whilst sustaining engagement levels. A manager with great interpersonal skills who is adept at developing and coaching a team would do well here.
£55,000-70,0000 + Excellent benefits