AP/AR Ledger Manager
Permanent Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Ledger Manager based in Stafford £27,000
Your new company
Your new company are a leader in their field based in Stafford and are looking for a permanent Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Ledger Manager to join their team.
Your new role
The Ledger Manager is a new role responsible for delivering efficient AR and AP functions for the Group. Overseeing two assistants, the post-holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the function, champion financial compliance throughout the business and be responsible for key control account reconciliations. You will have experience of working in a similar environment and be focused on delivering results through people.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the AP function, including performance monitoring for both the department and the business, business support in achieving targets, championing compliance with the groups financial regulations and administering payment runs.
- To be responsible for the day management of the AR function, including monitoring the performance of credit control activities for the group.
- To effectively manage the ledger assistants, including ongoing performance monitoring and staff development.
- To oversee and be responsible for the timely completion of the groups card reconciliations.
- To have lead responsibility for the day to day administration of the groups purchase order processing (eBIS), AP and AR systems.
- To oversee the administration and reconciliation of the monthly payroll
- To be responsible for the posting of service charge actuals based on standard allocations provided by the Assistant Financial Accountant
- To ensure the accurate recording and maintenance of all financial data stored within company systems.
- To demonstrate an awareness and encompass Value for Money in all activities undertaken with the role
- Represent the company professionally when dealing with partner agencies enquiries.
- To contribute to the delivery of an effective and efficient Finance Service
- To participate and contribute in Ad hoc financial projects and duties as appropriate to the role
What you'll need to succeed
- Responsible for setting clarity in objectives and results for the individual and team
- Ensure that all areas of work are delivered against agreed performance criteria for team and department.
- Coach and support individual performance, development and growth
- Actively promote team working within own department and across the board, operational and corporate objectives.
- Demonstrate a level of knowledge and skill that brings respect and confidence and promotes team working.
- Responsible for using resources effectively and efficiently to deliver team objectives, conscious of the financial implications of these decisions.
- Encourage and coach others to deliver high standards in dealing with all customers, delivering the highest possible standard of customer service.
- Co-ordinate the balance of work of individuals within the team and coach staff to improve team and organisational performance.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of £27,000, with a possibility of rising to £29,000 after 12 months of achieving an excellent standard, onsite parking, a fantastic working environment and other corporate benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.