As an important member of the Senior Management Team, the Finance Manager will be expected to take an active and intelligent interest in all operational aspects of the company's businesses. This is a newly created role, reflecting the increased complexity of the company's business and accounts. The Finance Manager will head up the accountancy department and will manage two staff.
A renowned publishing firm located in Central London's West-End.
Core responsibilities of the Finance Manager will include:
* Day-to-day oversight of the accounts department and its processes and procedures
* Provision of information to senior managers throughout the business
* Preparation of interim management accounts (monthly)
* Preparation of a quarterly Board pack
* Support in the preparation and monitoring of budgets (revenues and expenditures)
* Management of the accounts department staff
* Internal control and risk management
* Planning, management, co-ordination and implementation of year end closing processes and procedures
* Review and improvement of existing systems, processes and procedures
* Provision of information to the company Auditors
* Payroll review
You will have extensive hands-on experience in financial reporting, internal control, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and accounting. Experience with SAGE Line 50 or an equivalent package, and a company payroll package, is a pre-requisite as well as a strong grasp of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. As the senior figure in finance, you should have experience leading a team and managing the performance of staff. You will be preferably be part-qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) or QBE.
You must be efficient, with a keen eye for detail. You must be innovative and resourceful, able to inspire and influence others and motivated by the challenge of raising the profile and performance of the accounting team. You must have first-rate communication skills and a confident and outgoing personality.
Looking to pay up to £45,000 with a comprehensive benefits package.