Assistant Management Accountant
Permanent Assistant Management Accountant Vacancy - Sheffield - £23-28,000 per annum + study support
Your new company
Your new company is a national £150m turnover logistics firm with multiple sites across the UK, providing services to international blue chip clients.
Your new role
Your new role is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who will be responsible for the management accounting of operational profit centres across the Company with combined turnover of c£7m.
As part of your role, you will:
- Manage the weekly production of costings for several profit centres within the site
- Submit weekly costings and KPI information to Operations and Head Office
- Creation and maintenance of accurate MI for the operational team
- Produce monthly management accounts for all profit centres
- Investigate and explain variances in the management accounts
- Produce monthly review pack of financial and operational management information for discussion with customers at review meetings
- Produce annual budgets and periodic reforecasts for all profit centres
- Invoice and credit control customers and update Company cash forecast
- Deal with site suppliers including self-billing subcontractors on a weekly basis
- Maintain accurate purchase ordering
- Numerous ad-hoc reports and project tasks as required (from the Site General Manager / Commercial Accounting Manager)
- This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced AAT / Part Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Attention to detail and analytical approach.
- Experienced in accounts preparation, including journals, accruals, prepayments, depreciation and income deferral.
- Questioning and enquiring approach with a real desire to seek out new methods that will allow more efficient provision of accurate financial data.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team, sharing knowledge and improvement ideas for the benefit of the Company and its staff.
- Hard working and flexible, with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Good communicator at all levels up to and including Operational Managers and Directors, customers, suppliers and other internal staff.
- Expert in using IT, including Microsoft Office - particularly Microsoft Excel
What you'll get in return
The salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience, however are looking in the range of £24-28,000 per annum salary, with study support and free parking available.
You will also have access to a good company pension scheme, excellent sickness pay cover, life assurance and other industry standard benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.