Senior Internal Auditor - Infrastructure
Senior Internal Auditor, Infrastructure Job | Retail Bank | £30k - 50k + bens & bonus | Edinburgh | Permanent
Your new company
A Retail Bank in Edinburgh is seeking to appoint a Senior Auditor to join their Technology Audit team, auditing infrastructure on a full-time, permanent basis.
Your new role
In this role, you'll provide robust, challenging insight and assistance on key audits. You will develop your existing knowledge and experience of Internal Audit. You will gain exposure to senior business and internal audit stakeholders in this high impact role, as well as the chance to work on audits in other areas of the Internal Audit team's remit.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using your platform to make a significant impact and influence the business managers to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way
- Working with the wider team in mapping out processes and assessing risks and controls
- Gaining a real insight into the control environment by visiting business areas and establishing how to test effectively
- Analysing and reviewing risk information, helping to identify key business risks and working in collaboration to produce a final report
- Compiling your findings into a high quality document, which will provide important insight to business heads to adequately manage their risks
- Gaining experience in project management, where you'll drive the delivery of efficient and effective assurance
- Having open and effective discussions on key risks, engaging with business stakeholders, and on occasion, coaching auditors
What you'll need to succeed
You will have auditing experience and sound analytical skills, along with the ability to assess and prioritise effectively, quickly establishing what's important. A strong understanding of principles of risk management, with a thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls.
- CISA qualification would be ideal for this role
- Internal audit or risk management experience
- Experience of auditing technologies
- Experience with auditing infrastructure and security components including platforms such as UNIX, Mainframe and Windows, and databases such as Oracle and SQL
- Excellent communication skills paired with the ability to translate concepts in a clear and concise way
- Confidence in managing relationships with business stakeholders
What you'll get in return
You will receive a highly competitive salary plus benefits and bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.