Trainee Syndicate Accountant
Insurance Trainee Syndicate Accountant- £22,000-£28,000- City of London
Your new company
This insurance Managing Agent is looking to find a new graduate Trainee Accountant to join the Syndicate team. Based in the City of London this company is in a great location and is looking to fully support this trainee accountant in becoming a qualified Syndicate Accountant.
Your new role
This Trainee Syndicate Accountant role will involve:
- Assisting with the production of all Lloyd's finance returns (including Solvency II)
- Support the monthly close process for all syndicates
- Liaison with the offshore finance team to help ensure a smooth monthly close is achieved
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations for managed syndicates
- Provide information to the reinsurance accounting and actuarial teams and review output
- Assist with production of statutory accounts
- Assist with the production of Board and Committee packs as and when required.
- Support the Finance Manager - Third Party Syndicates in providing management information and analysis to internal and external stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
This role would suit a graduate from a finance related degree achieving at least a 2:1. 0-12 months Finance experience in an accounts payable or accounts assistant role would provide the basic knowledge needed to take on this role although support will be given. Additionally insurance experience would be a great advantage!
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to work in the city of London for a leading insurance managing agent and will gain the support required to eventually become a qualified Syndicate Accountant. You will also receive a competitive salary as well as great company benefits!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.