- Hands on, all emcompassing role looking after the finance function of a growing SME organisation
- Making commercial decisions to drive the business forward, analyse data, clarify and improve costings, processes and margins and grow the organisation.
SME manufacturing organisation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining the books and producing monthly management accounts and other financial information
- Ensuring suppliers are paid on time for goods ordered
- Chasing outstanding sales ledger invoices
- Posting cash book entries in a timely manner
- Maintaining registers and reconciliations as necessary
- Assisting the MD with other Group requirements
- Development of reports from the Company's ERP system
- Assisting the Operations department collect and analyse production information
- Export documentation
This is a role which requires the individual to be flexible, hands on and but with the ability to plan and organise their own time to achieve the required reporting timetable
- A person with proven experience within a Finance department and a full / partial professional qualification. (ACCA/ACA/CIMA).
- Strong experience delivering accurate and timely financial information with use of computer systems
- Involvement / lead in an ERP/MRP systems implementation
- Calm and persistent telephone manner
- Effective and concise written communication abilities
- Manufacturing industry experience desirable
- Wants involvement in the general management of the company
- Systematic, logical and has good attention to detail
- Is able to take a helicopter view as well as work with detail
- Strong in building relationships, able to communicate at all levels and can be assertive when required
- Self-motivated, dynamic and creative
The full time position offers a competitive salary and 25 days holiday + birthday + bank holidays.