Accounts Payable Assistant
Growing fashion SME in Milton Keynes are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable clerk to join the team.
SME fashion brand in Milton Keynes that are experiencing a period of growth following the launch of a new range. This growth has created the need for an experienced accounts payable clerk to join the team.
Accounts Payable Assistant Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate entry of approved and coded supplier invoices to the accounting system.
- Resolving supplier queries and seeking appropriate invoice approval with key stakeholders
- First review of POs entered in the system to ensure accurate VAT and GL coding.
- Perform monthly supplier reconciliations to ensure continuous accuracy and completeness.
- Preparation of payment batches in line with finance calendar.
- Co-ordinate the approval of all invoices, ensuring that company policy around approval limits are followed.
- Primary point of contact to external suppliers for resolving payment queries.
- Ensure all inter company recharges are recorded and liaise with the other subsidiaries to resolve any variances.
- Administer direct debit payments from bank accounts, ensuring they remain up-to-date.
- Entry to the accounting system and subsequent payment of approved employee expense reimbursement claims.
- Assist colleagues with queries regarding GL coding.
Accounts Payable Assistant Requirements:
- Experience in working with an app based expense system is essential
- An experienced Accounts Payable professional
- Attention to detail and consistent accuracy in all work
- Will be able to perform start-to-finish AP
- Be able to work based on their own initiative and be able to manage their own workload in this stand alone role
- A strong proficiency in Excel is essential, experience in Sage 200 is desirable
Leading Fashion SME in Milton Keynes!