Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting on behalf of a reputable, nationally established business based just outside of Norwich.
Your new role
The Financial Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the division, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of divisional reporting.
More specifically your responsibilities will be to:
- Manage all accounting operations
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Manage compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be a:
- Qualified Accountant - Preferred unless highly relevant experience within manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence through persuasion
- Strong challenger
- Results driver, focused on delivery
- Tough, tenacious "can-do" mentality
- Ability get results in a cross functional environment
- Effectively managing multiple tasks to meet deadlines & drive performance
- Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to influence
- Understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Competent PC and IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Microsoft query and databases.
- Excellent time management skills, prioritise workload and perform well under pressure
- Full active driving licence
- Willing/flexible to work between sites as/when required
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.