Accounts Payable Assistant
Immediate vacancy for an Accounts Payable Assistant based in the City of London location.
Working for a reputable law firm / legal industry client.
Law firm / legal industry client based in the City of London location. They specialise in trade mark legal cases and have multiple cases and projects running at any one time.
Accounts payable Assistant:
- Inputting invoices and correct general ledger codes into the Accounts Payable system, liaising with invoice approvers
- Allocating disbursement invoices to specific matters, preparing of Counsel Fee's proforma's, paying disbursement invoices when legal industry business has been paid by its client
- Processing cheque requests, producing and running weekly BAC's runs, processing CHAP's and other electronic bank type payments
- Inputting and editing vendor details in the Accounts Payable system
- Processing expense claim forms, processing cash advance requests and returns in sterling and various other foreign currencies, maintaining and processing petty cash
- Bank reconciliation, travel account reconciliation, reconciliation of supplier statements, reconciliation of expense claims and reconciliation of Sterling petty cash and foreign currency surpluses
- Answering emails and telephone calls in a timely and professional manner, corresponding with vendors and resolving invoice discrepancies, liaising with heads of department and employees within the firm
- Collecting post at least 3 times per day, scanning invoices into Accounts Payable system and carrying out general filing
The successful Accounts Payable Assistant will have:
Skills and Experience Required
- Recent experience of processing disbursement invoice is desirable .
- Ideally Aderent/Expert / SAP experience.
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage and organise work load effectively.
- Methodical approach with attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Personable and professional.
- Flexibility and team working skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook experience is required.
My client is based in the City of London location is offering an immediate start for an Accounts Payable Assistant. Salary will be £13-16 per hour and the role will run for 3 to 6 months.
Please only apply if you are immediately available or on 1 week notice maximum.
You will need to have SAP or one of the other systems mentioned to be successful.