Commercial analyst job based in Woking, Surrey paying up to £275.00 per day
Your new company
Your new job will be joining a listed PLC with offices centrally located in Woking, Surrey. As part of a commercial finance team, you will be key to the success of winning new business utilising your financial expertise and partnering skills.
KEY elements to the role
1. Actual delivery (including month end close, accruals, variance analysis and BS reconciliations);
2. Business partnering;
3. Project improvements;
4. Time management within many stakeholders/customers environment;
Your new role Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making Finance Process Management
- Support the delivery of financially accurate information and technical accounting expertise to internal customers [MA1] on a Pan-European basis on S, G & A area and other various overheads.
- Assist in driving standardized processes and procedures across countries and business groups to deliver efficiency and effectiveness in high volume transactional based accounting.[MA2]
- Support the third party provider to maintain out-sourced routines in a compliant and controlled manner.
- Support new projects within organization from accounting and finance side.
- Co-ordinate monthly closing with inputs from different stakeholders (Platforms and Business groups, Sales and Marketing team, Business controlling and etc.) in line with the central timetable;
- Responsible for month end closing operations, including calculation, review and approval of journal postings, various accruals and provisions
- Variance analysis of S, G & A expenses on a Pan-European basis as main deliverable to the management during month end closing;
- Analyse and report on specific queries related to financial accounting and standard reporting from business groups.
- Perform/Review BS reconciliations and make sure all balances are reconciled and validated.
- Propose journal postings as required for the S, G & A Stream;
- Respond to statutory, tax and audit queries required by the Finance Global Accounting, Internal & External Audit, Statutory team.
- Support Corporate Planning & Control Europe with the delivery of standardized reporting and timely advises on accounting area;
- Support the European branches, business groups and European platform planning processes for expenses and headcount providing standardized data;
- Support the review of S, G & A balance sheet accounts and perform analytical review of it and query anomalies;
- Ensure all finance and commercial activities in the European branches and business groups are compliant with the agreed delegation of authority, Tax / Treasury policies;
- Work closely with the process innovation team to make improvements that balance efficiency and service levels to the front line business; optimize tools and systems to provide automated financial and operational information.
Reporting into a senior manager, you will be part of the commercial bid function putting together and pricing financial models/proposals for client review. This key role will see you engage at all levels of the business including legal/sales/commercial as well as externally with potential clients. In addition you will be involved in putting together management/KPI reports.
What you'll need to succeed
In addition to your professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) you should have the confidence to liaise with all levels of the business, presenting commercial information providing value added insights with an eye on both potential risk and opportunities. This is a broad role, highly visible and with a lot of potential to progress. You do not need experience in bidding but exposure to pricing/commercial management reporting is key.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary is on offer and progression is encouraged both locally Free parking onsite in Woking in newly refurbished offices.
What you need to do now