Tax Assistant - Temporary
Interim Tax Assistant - Immediate Start - 12 Months Temporary - Gloucester - Parking - Immediate Start
Working for a business that has a goal of sustaining a world-class level of performance.
My client is currently recruiting for a highly motivated and experienced individual with experience with tax accounting to join their team on a 12 month contract to cover a maternity leave.
This role will be paid on an hourly rate and is an excellent opportunity to work within a world class organisation in Gloucestershire to with the European Indirect Tax Manager, the person will be responsible for Proof of Export Administration and assisting with VAT compliance.
- Identify, track and collect proof of export documents to ensure the company is compliant across all EU countries.
- Build and maintain relationships with freight carriers, export agents and the logistics team.
- Support with VAT compliance, tax audits and enquires.
- Identify compliance improvements & opportunities.
- Support other Finance team members on ad hoc items.
- 5 GCSEs (Grades A - C, including English and Maths)
- Minimum 1 year's experience in a fast paced administrative environment
- Strong organisational and time-management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, build rapport and operate effectively in a team environment.
- Flexibility to multitask ensuring prioritised tasks are delivered.
- Behaviour driven by integrity, compliance, humility and ethics.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven at being pro-active and identifying process improvements.
- Relevant previous experience in a Finance and/or Logistics environment.
- Basic understanding of Indirect Tax.
- Previous working knowledge of SAP system knowledge.
How to apply Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV in English, along with a covering letter indicating their salary expectations to the recruitment agency.