Financial Accountant - Projects
My client seeks an accomplished, and technically sound, Financial Accountant with extensive experience of statutory accounting to support a number of systems related projects. In fact, your technical accounting expertise, coupled with good organisational skills, is more critical than any previous systems accounting experience.
The main responsibility of this 6-month interim role is to coordinate and manage a number significant on going and upcoming projects within the Finance team. To build strong relationships within the Finance team and across other departments, to enable you to effectively delivery these key financial related projects. This role supports the Finance Manager to continue to develop and deliver the highest standards of accounting, reporting and compliance within the team and UK corporate entities responsible for.
• Coordinate and manage the implementation and set up of a new statutory accounts production (and iXBRL tagging) software.
• Support the implementation of the Oracle accounting system upgrade.
• Assist with the testing of specific elements of the Oracle accounting system ahead of the implementation of the upgraded version of Oracle.
• Coordination and input into the updating of all procedural notes following the Oracle accounting system upgrade.
• Lead on a chart of accounts review, including the suspension of inactive accounts, a user guide including descriptions of all codes used within Oracle and review of user access rights, with recommendations for improvements.
• Support the setting up of new entities within the team, ensuring the set up and accounting is correctly implemented and procedures are implemented for month end reporting, forecast, budget and year end (including tax compliance).
• Support with implementation of new models of accounting and reporting.
• Support with the accounting and reporting impacts of on capitalisation limits and depreciation of IT related fixed assets.
• Set up and implementation of new reports within the Insight reporting tool to include a journal exception report and P&L and Balance sheet trend reports, all to improve the month end reporting process.
• Set up and implementation of a new report to capture changes to supplier details on the Oracle accounting system.
• Coordinate and manage the internal audit process for the review of the completed Oracle upgrade and the accounting procedures and the new Concur expense system.
• On-going projects/improvements
Qualifications & Experience
ACA, CIMA or ACCA - part or fully qualified preferred
Confident in double entry book keeping and statutory accounting with a good understanding and experience of inter-company trade.
Solid understanding of financial systems and integrated modules
Advanced Excel and Word skills
A self-starter with excellent communication and customer service skills
Experience in multi-currency transactions & Oracle desirable, but not essential
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.