Finance Business Partner
This is a rare opportunity to join as the in-house M&A finance and accounting specialist for a well-established energy company. This role will require the ability to interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders and support the successful delivery of acquisition and disposal activities in addition to on-going ad-hoc project work.
Global Energy company
- Undertake acquisition/disposal activities including: target evaluation, transaction planning and structuring, preparation/advice on data room financials, due diligence, assist in preparation and review of Acquisition/Disposal related agreements, Acquisition/Disposal accounting and delivery of transaction reports and assist in board paper preparation.
- Represent Finance in key meetings with other business departments and external stakeholders.
- Deliver pertinent analysis to facilitate the management team's and wider business's understanding to aid decision-making.
- Assist in the development and delivery of ad-hoc projects across the business for new areas of activity or organisational performance improvements
- Understand and analyse external economic trends, including the impact of government legislation, and the impact on the company.
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ICAS/CIMA/ACCA). Several years' experience working in industry/practice.
- Ideal candidate will be qualified and currently working within Practice.
- Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS and the confidence to apply them to practical examples is essential
- Knowledge of accounting policies, processes and systems (SAP).
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements to the business
- Proficient IT skills
- Project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and be proactive
- Act with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Committed to continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge
Competitive basic salary and package