Based in the regional head office this Systems Accountant role will work alongside the FD in implementing a new operating systems which will then need to be integrated into the reporting structure.
Monthly reporting with a varied workload and an opportunity to change the processes and procedures within a multimillionaire turnover company.
This business has an excellent track record of being able to retain staff and also develop those within the business.
The team is stable and supportive, you will receive input from the senior management team, whilst constantly getting advice and guidance in the role.
The key responsibilities of the Systems Accountant role are:
- Maintain the costing reporting systems ensuring that it continues to meet the requirements both from a financial perspective and operational perspective in terms of performance.
- Build relationships with key operational stakeholders, the information department, and finance team to broaden the understanding of the services and how they are delivered. This may require travel between sites.
- Develop new reporting methods to robustly present information that is informative for decision making. This will involve developing the systems with engagement from operational managers and other finance colleagues. Ensure information is presented in an appropriate format for a broad range of staff.
- Develop and maintain costing databases and links to feeder systems, including those collecting and analysing activity data from support and overhead departments, as well as other services.
- Ensure appropriate data quality checks are in place so that activity, costs and income are correctly reported and to advise on data improvements required in response to Tariff, service line reporting and guidance. As changes are made to the Tariff regime, model the impact of these changes on the income stream.
- Liaise with the management accounting and financial accounting teams to ensure that the structure of the financial and budgeting systems supports accurate costing principles.
- Work with finance colleagues to share knowledge in order to improve the accuracy and understanding of the cost base with specific emphasis on developing activity based costing profiles to aid managerial decision making across the business.
- Interpret outputs, working closely with Management Accounts and operational management teams to investigate issues. Formulating solutions for presentation to the Deputy Director of Finance.
- Provide guidance and lead on the completion and submission of the annual Reference Cost Return / PLICs Return ensuring that they are accurate and completed within the specified deadlines. To include a full comparative analysis against national averages and previous submissions.
- Develop working relationships with colleagues within similar organisations to improve costing processes and conduct benchmarking exercises, as appropriate.
- Provide expert advice and information on all costing related matters.
- To deliver formal and informal training to work colleagues and non-finance staff on a range of subjects related to SLR and Costing generally.
- To performs the role of Systems support and enact changes to systems as required across the whole of the Finance Department including the introduction of new systems which have a financial impact
- To provide system training to new and existing staff. Ensuring all staff are aware of system changes or amendments.
- To take responsibility for ensuring security, efficiency, effectiveness and integrity of financial systems and processes
- To be responsible for the reporting, managing and resolving issue with the financial systems in associate with the ICT department and software suppliers
The ideal candidate for the Bicester based Systems Accountant role will be able to show an extensive background in Finance as well as Analysis, with exceptional Excel and SQL skills.
There is a broad skillset needed however experience of implementation/process improvement and reporting is essential.
The Bicester based Systems Accountant offers any potential applicant an excellent career as well as genuinely world class benefits.
For the right candidate there is the possibility of flexible working alongside superb holidays, pension and study support.
Please contact me as soon as possible, interviews are due to happen asap.