An exciting opportunity to join the accounting team focused on the preparation and analysis of financial reporting for a property services company.
My client is a leading property services company based in London.
The key responsibilities of this Management Accountant position include:
- Production of monthly management accounts including timely ledger posting of month end journals Ensure that all variances are understood and deliver insightful commentary
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly
- Take ownership of the month end process by suggesting process improvements
- Management and complete ownership of monthly payroll process and year end payroll reporting on P35s, P60s, P11ds, PSA
- Review of the pension scheme and VAT returns
- Supervising and mentoring an Assistant Management Accountant, delegating tasks and ensuring they are completed within a specific timeframe, in addition to conducting performance reviews.
- Preparation of deliverables for the annual, half year and internal audits
- Ensure that the impact of new systems, processes or initiatives are appropriately considered and incorporated into existing reporting and controls environment
- Lead and assist with projects Assist with ad-hoc reporting requests
The successful candidate for this Management Accountant position will display the following:
- Part-Qualified or finalist Accountant (CIMA / ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong Excel skills (use of pivot tables and vlookups a minimum)
- Management Accounting experience
- Experience within the retail or hospitality industries is an advantage
- Team player with good interpersonal skills Self-starter and works on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail with good analytical skills
This role offers a competitive salary and other benefits as well as the chance to join a dynamic retail business.