The Finance Analyst will provide support to the Finance Business Partner, Sales & Marketing, and ultimately contribute to revenue and margin growth.
They will drive improvements in forecasting accuracy, collaborate with business partners & analyst peers to ensure consistency & best practice in partnering with stakeholders, review and provide advice on opportunities ensuring continuous enhancement of business partnering to drive growth.
My client, based in Central London, is in the manufacturing and production industry where they create electrical components and products.
As the Finance Analyst you will have the following duties:
- Be the Finance Partner for Sales and Marketing, to drive jointly financial and operational performance,
- Provide monthly orders, sales, and margin reporting - working with the commercial team to explain movements to prior year, budget and latest forecast and providing effective commercial challenge to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are achieved and actions defined that impact future performance
- Consolidate all regional results, including checking for errors, deadline compliance, internal financial controls, global reporting for business units of diverse companies
- Lead annual budget-setting, quarterly forecasting and monthly rolling forecast processes for Sales and Marketing functions across international entities, ensuring financials were aligned with the strategic plan
- Drive continuous improvements in forecasting/budgeting processes and enhance forecast accuracy
- Work with Finance BP & commercial teams to understand risks & opportunities to forecasts, challenge financial assumptions, targets and strategies
- Have input into the quarterly calculation and analysis of sales incentive plans and support the target setting
- Provide monthly team expenses reporting, explaining variances, developing financial and operational metrics to control spending and enhance profitability, holding teams to targets and providing regular forecasts
- Provide feedback & User Acceptance Testing support to systems developments
- Drive excellence and support the transformation of existing processes, e.g. via centralisation, automation and standardisation, to better address business needs
As the Junior Finance Analyst you will:
- Be working towards your ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Have a minimum of 1 year working in a commercial finance position
- Understand month end reporting through to trial balance
- Have strong Excel skills
£30,000 - £35,000 + benefits