Finance Manager required on a permanent basis - Based in Chorley - £40-£45k - Progressive opportunity
Your new company
You will be working for an extremely successful owner managed business who operate in the services industry. Their head office is based in Chorley and they have been a leader within their market for over 20 years.
Your new role
In your new role you will be supporting the Financial Controller in all aspects of Finance. Working in a large team you will personally be responsible for a team of 5. The business has experienced a large period of growth in recent times and you will be tasked with implementing efficiencies and controls whilst supporting from a commercial angle.
Duties and responsibilities will include -
* Control over 2 key functions within the Finance Team
* Take ownership for resolving day-to-day team issues
* Ensure team targets, service levels and key performance indicators are met, on a daily basis
* Preparation of month end management accounts for the business
* Month end journals
* Assist the Financial Controller in production of the month end board pack
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Rolling Cashflow forecasting
* Ensure all payments are prepared and authorised in line with company guidelines
* Control and maintain fixed asset register
* Production of quarterly vat returns
* Implementing efficiencies and controller
* Provide reports on analysis on performance
* Finance Lead in year end audit, accounts preparation and corporation tax packs
* Able to take day to day finance lead in absence of Financial Controller
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and will have a good solid technical background/understanding in accounting. You will ideally have experience of leading/managing a small team and have the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will be a progressive, forward thinking individual who is keen to improves processes.
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to work within a large owner managed business who have been at the forefront of their market for over 20 years. You will be paid £40-£45k per year with a fantastic benefits package. The role is full time Monday - Friday and offers progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.