Finance Business Partner
My client is leading FMCG business
This is an autonomous commercial reporting role
Global FMCG business based in Derby, working with leading retailers to drive sustainability through both logistical operations and product sourcing.
This role allows the successful candidate to be a part of a growing business, with financial, operational and commercial exposure. You will add value through supporting operational performance, delivering on short and long term initiatives. This will require travelling one day a week to another site.
You will be tasked with:
- Support and challenge the Manufacturing Leadership and operations teams
- Work with stakeholders to deliver against targets by providing accurate and insight analysis
- Partner with the Operations leadership team to develop financial controls which support long term improvement plans
- Maintain all necessary records and prepare all required period end allocations and journals to ensure that reporting, costing and invoicing in relation to your allocated duties can be completed accurately and on time.
- Prepare financial models to support capital expenditure business cases. Provide robust challenge on assumptions to ensure that the business maximises the return on its investments.
- Responsible for creating, issuing and collating forecast and planning templates and be confident in reviewing and challenging submissions with the Operations teams
- Ad hoc projects & analysis as required from time to time.
An ambitious individual with drive and a commercial edge. You will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, willing to be hands on, with the desire to immerse yourself in the operational side of the business as well as staying hands on. The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Proactive in developing and improving, to deliver against objectives
- Strong Business/Commercial acumen and influencing ability
- Advanced Excel skills
- FMCG/high volume background desirable
£40,000-45,000 + car allowance