A hands on, impactful role as a Bursary Specialist for an experienced finance professional within a busy and fast paced public sector and government instituition operating out of Cambridge. In this role the Bursary specialist will be working closely with the senior management in ensuring the improvement of financial systems and processes and will be responsible for the management of the finance function.
A busy, hands on Cambridge based public sector and government institution who offering a challenging but highly rewarding career for the successful applicant. Operating within a tight knit and driven team they offer a brilliant working environment that alongside a fantastic office space.
The Bursary Specialist will be responsible for:
- Preparing long term budget reports alongside detailed forecasts
- Working closely with Senior Management to consult on the financial processes for the business
- Ensuring financial systems are maintained and any changes are implemented
- Monitoring spending against the budget
- Completing the monthly reconciliations and credit control
- Producing the month end accounts and detailed reports
- Liaise with key external stakeholders
The successful Bursary Specialist will be:
- Actively pursuing either CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- A driven and ambitious individual capable of handling a large workload
- Previous management experience would be desirable
- Previous experience with implementing process and system changes
- Confident in building and maintaining key relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders
- Advanced user of Excel
The successful Bursary Specialist will be making a brilliant career move to this public sector and government institution who can offer fantastic progression as well as the opportunity to make an indelible on the success of the business. The successful applicant will also be receiving a competitive salary alongside a wide ranging benefits package.