Commercial Operations Accountant
Your new company
Hays are recruiting for an extremely well established, national manufacturing business with sites based in Norfolk and Suffolk and are seeking two highly commercial interim staff to support a busy finance function.
Your new role
The roles are primarily focused around supporting the Site FC and FD in the day to day provision of accurate and timely accounting information.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Production of weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Review, investigation and analysis of variances
- Oversee general ledger transactions
- Work with the senior management to develop reporting processes and KPI packs
- Produce budgets and forecasts in relation to various costs and overheads
- Production of robust financial plans
- Oversee all capital expenditure and develop pay back models as necessary
- Develop cost control plans in conjunction with management
- Provide stock analysis and reviews
This is a full time role working 40 hours between Monday and Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
You must previously have worked in a similar manufacturing environment and be immediately available to start work. You must also have access to a vehicle due to the remote location of the business.
You will also ideally meet the following criteria:
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant or passed finalist
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence through persuasion
- Strong challenger
- Results driver, focused on delivery
- Tough, tenacious "can-do" mentality
- Ability get results in a cross functional environment
- Effectively managing multiple tasks to meet deadlines & drive performance
- Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to influence
- Understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Competent PC and IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Microsoft query and databases.
- Excellent time management skills, prioritise workload and perform well under pressure
- Willing/flexible to work between sites as/when required
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.