TEMP TO PERM ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT JOB- MEDIA FINANCE- OXFORD CIRCUS - PROGRESSION/EXPOSURE - UP TO £32,000
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE OR ON A MAXIMUM OF A 1 WEEK NOTICE PERIOD.
Your new company
This business is a specialist media financing business working across the film, television and games industries. Since 2004, the team has provided over $500m of finance for UK, US and European projects and there are big projects coming up in 2019 so it is an exciting time to join.
Your new role
The key purpose of this role is to support the Chief Finance Officer to manage the finances of all of the companies managed clients including maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling. The CFO is on hand to teach you various skills but a background understanding through study is vital. The duties of the role are as follows:
- Work closely with the Chief Finance Officer to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Input sales and purchase ledgers from source documents including processing of staff expenses, credit card, petty cash and P11D's.
- Assist with cash flow data
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Monthly and Quarterly management of VAT returns
- Manage statutory submissions to Companies House ie annual returns and lodging statutory accounts
- Assist in the production of Statutory financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company's monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Support with preparation of internal monthly accounts for owned and managed companies including bank reconciliation and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures
- Resolution of finance related queries and administration
- Liaising with external auditors, HMRC etc
- Provide ad hoc telephone cover / administrative support when necessary
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role, including financial analysis and reviews.
What you'll need to succeed
- Studier CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- At least 3 years finance experience
- Knowledge of double-entry
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Experience of supporting with statutory and management accounts and forecasts
- Experience with managing foreign currency transactions
- Good level of competence in Excel, Word and Outlook and computerised accounting software
- Experience with QuickBooks OR Xero would be ideal but is not essential
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for a progressive person looking to learn and grow in their finance career. You will gain exposure and support directly from the company CFO who is a qualified ACCA with many years experience. The role will be an immediate start and once the position goes permanent you will be offered a competitive salary of up to £32,000 per annum depending on your experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.