On behalf of a business based in the centre of Reading I am recruiting for a Permanent Financial Accountant to join their expanding finance team.
My client are based within walking distance of Reading train station and offer a unique environment for a part or early stage studier to progress towards becoming qualified in a short period of time.
The sucessful applicant for this permanent role will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Working within a team to maintain all areas of accounting relating to the particular business entity
- Preparation of quarterly balance sheet review for review
- Develop and maintain reporting of business unit related information - including liaison with relevant stakeholders within the business
- Develop process improvements around the function - including training of business and ensuring business conducted through an appropriate control environment
- Maintaining up to date account reconciliations for key accounts, ensuring timely resolution of reconciling items and constant process improvement
- Assist with preparation of data for external reporting with regard to payment practices legislation
- Gain an understanding of the processes and procedures for the Accounts Payable function and provide cover when required
- Assist with VAT processes for all relevant UK entities, production of all relevant returns and reconciliations, preparation of quarterly balance sheet review with Corporate Tax team
The ideal candidate for the Financial Accountant role will:
- Part-qualified ACA or ACCA
- Have worked within a similar role or exposure to a multi-site environment
- Looking for a role where you can develop a long term career and progress within the business
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with various manager/stakeholders across the business
- Intermediate excel skills
The Financial Accountant - Part Qualified, role offers a highly competitive salary and a long list of benefits (including study support and 25 days holiday).