Group Tax Manager
A leading employer in Manchester is seeking a Group Tax Manager paying to £60,000 + car allowance (£6k)
Your new company
Our client based in Manchester has gone through a period of change and due to a change in structure we are seeking a Group Tax Manager to join a highly regarded finance team
Your new role
The role will be diverse and challenging and will cover compliance, advisory , VAT and employment tax :
- To perform and ensure the accurate recording of all tax related costs across the business
- Be the direct point of contact for HMRC
- To ensure the correct and appropriate preparation and submission of all annual tax returns in line with the Company's and statutory reporting deadlines
- To ensure the correct calculation of the Quarterly Instalment Payments, liaising with Group to ensure an appropriate level of Group relief has been taken into account and to ensure all tax payments are made on time
- To ensure the correct and appropriate recording of VAT within the businesses. Ensure appropriate processes are put in place to ensure VAT is captured at the correct rate. Review the monthly VAT return and ensure the VAT returns are submitted in a timely manner on a monthly basis
- To ensure the accurate recording of capital allowances that can be claimed by the businesses. Liaising with the relevant teams across the businesses within Finance and the wider business to ensure appropriate processes are in place to capture the required information correctly
- To act as the subject matter expert in Finance and to the wider business for all tax related matters. Overseeing the relationship with HR (tax related reward and benefit matters, PAYE & NI submissions, other levies)
- Responsible for the review of the tax and appropriate balance sheet accounts, their preparation, accuracy and accurate resolution on a monthly basis as part of the management accounts process.
- To take ownership for tax planning across the business and build the strategy
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be working a tax related role either in house or looking to make your first move from the profession coupled with a professional accountancy qualification.
What you'll get in return
Superb offices and in an organisation that supports and encourages people throughout their career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Group Tax Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly