Legal Biller (temporary)
This Legal Biller (temporary) vacancy is for a candidate who is immediately available and can start at the end of January.
This temporary assignment is for a minimum of 4 months, which will then be reviewed after with the potential of being offered a permanent position.
The role is for a Law firm, based in central London, looking to expand their accountancy team.
The key responsibilities for this Legal Biller (temporary) role are:
- Operating the daily banking transactions for the firm's main client account, regularly monitoring the account via online banking and internal requests to ensure that all payments and receipts are dealt with in a timely manner. The Legal Cashier will be required to understand our internal processes and external banking deadlines in order to apply them prior to passing online payments onto senior members of the team to authorise.
- Responsibility for keeping client ledgers up to date, posting all payments, receipts and transfers the same day and in time to make daily transfer of funds between the main client account and the interest bearing composite client account. Keeping an up to date record of electronic payments and updating clients disbursement ledgers with relevant bank charges.
- Taking instructions in relation to placing client funds on money market deposit accounts, liaising with our bankers and internal clients with regards to interest rates and renewal dates. Ensuring clients ledgers are kept up to date at all times.
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations. Overseen by the Treasury Supervisor to ensure that a clear and accurate bank reconciliation report is produced at each month end.
- Calculating interest on clients' accounts as required and making a daily transfer between our office account and client account. Calculations will either be system generated or, on occasion, making use of Excel for adhoc requests.
- Distributing a fortnightly report in relation to non-earmarked client account balances with bills outstanding, to assist with compliance of the SRA 14 day rule.
The successful candidate for this role will have previous experience working for a law firm, and previous experience dealing with WIP billing.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least two years' experience in a legal cashier role within accountancy
- Experience of working with a PMS system such as Aderant or Elite is preferable.
This Legal Biller (temporary) role, based in central London will offer the candidate an opportunity to progress within their career and potentially be offered a permanent position.