£280 - £320 per day - Interim - Payments Specialist
Your new company
Your new role as an interim Payments Specialist will be working for a global technology company based in Cambridge. This is an interim opportunity, however, there is some potential to go permanent. It is an operational specialist (payments and banking) role within the Finance organisation.
Your new role
The role holder is responsible for transactional purchasing and support, to ensure a world-class procurement service, implementation and maintenance of the Procure-To-Receipt (P2R) process.
- Provide 1st line support to the business (Business Units and Functions), advising on approved and preferred suppliers and contracts
- Provide 1st line support to the business (Business Units and Functions), for Purchase Requisitions (PR)
- Manage and monitor PR, PO (Purchase Order) and GR (Goods Receipt) flows in the systems, proactively resolving issues in line with identified SLAs (Service Level Agreements). Act with a sense of urgency and focus on results.
- Provide support to the AP team with the issues resolutions. Ensure collaboration and working as one team. Relationships on the "partnership" level
- Support the change of the behaviours within the organisations, to ensure compliance to the policy, including: No PO - No Buy and contracts compliance is realised.
- Take ownership for all type P2P related support activities
What you'll need to succeed
You are a 'problem solver' who loves to be part of a team and have strong customer service skills and experience.Advise the business appropriately and seeks input and guidance where necessary. Can adapt to the changes in processes, roles & responsibilities to best meet the business need.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.