Your new company
Your new company are a leader in their field, based in Stoke on Trent and are looking for a Finance Supervisor to join their team.
Your new role
Your new role as a Finance supervisor will be to oversee around 10 client accounts. This involves ensuring claims payments are made in a timely manner, reconciliations are completed and funding levels are consistently reviewed. The role will be reporting into the head of finance and will be responsible for Finance assistants.This role will also include some transactional duties in addition to the supervisory side of the role where the individual will be responsible for processing payments on a small number of client accounts.
- To manage Finance assistants ensuring that claims payments are being processed within 48hrs of claims handler authorisation.
- To ensure that all client bank accounts are reconciled to Excel cashbooks on a daily basis.
- To deal with ADHOC queries on payments made, i.e. inform handlers of when payments were made etc.
- To ensure that remittances are sent out to recipients of payments.
- To continuously review funding levels in client accounts to ensure we never run out of funds.
- To monitor float levels on a monthly basis reviewing against monthly spend to identify any trends in spend uplift.
- Monthly reconciliations across all client accounts within tight deadlines. This will involve reconciliation cashbook to Bank account and cashbook to MI.
- To authorise payments on both our claims management system and online banking.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong reconciliation skills.
- Strong Excel skills are essential as most reconciliation to MI use a range of formulae.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines to ensure client demands are met for month end reconciliations.
- Ability to manage a small team of 2.
- Ability to see issues through from start to completion.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of £22500, a fantastic working environment within a growing company, full time working hours of 9-5 Monday to Thursday and 9-4 Fridays. 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with a further 1 day per year of service.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.