My client needs a great Finance Manager to work with the COO to ensure financial systems are in place.
Your new company
My client is a social enterprise that's out to prove that they can meet our energy needs in a way that's good for people and good for the planet. The days of fossil fuels are numbered, and the shift to renewable generation is gaining pace giving us the opportunity to reshape the way we manage our local energy. My client develops community-owned renewable energy in Oxfordshire and re-invests 100% of their surplus in to their mission to create a zero-carbon energy system. My client is now embarking upon a new phase of it's journey, working with several partners, small and large, including academia, local authorities, central government and commercial businesses, to demonstrate in practice how to make that goal a reality.
Your new role
- Ensure timely and accurate production of monthly financial reports across the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow,
- Develop and deliver performance information to assist the leadership team in the running of the business
- Oversee the day to day running of the finance function and the work of the Finance Assistant.
- Work with the Asset Manager (responsible for the generating assets) to ensure effective processes to enable the timely production of customer energy bills.
- Drive the month end and annual closing processes including journal posting and management of accrued/deferred income and prepayments/accruals
- Manage the intercompany processes
- Work with the COO to provide satisfactory procedures, measures and systems of internal control, appropriate for the nature and size of the business and meeting statutory obligations
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory reporting requirements and deadlines
- Assist the COO in the business planning and budgeting/forecasting processes
- Manage Claims process for European and UK Government Grants, and related financial supporting evidence processes
- Cashflow management
- Oversee the companies' taxes and optimise the Group tax position
- Manage the year end audit liaising and engaging with external auditors
- Prepare company statutory accounts, including consolidated group accounts.
- Preparation and filing of VAT Returns
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement to ensure operational efficiency and accuracy using systems and automation where possible
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Thrives in an SME or start-up environment and excited by the opportunity to do more than "just" Finance
- A team player
- Hands-on and self sufficient
- High attention to detail with a process and control driven mindset
- High proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, VLookUps etc)
- Focused on a continuous improvement agenda
What you'll get in return
A genuine opportunity to make a difference.
Local energy for local people within Oxfordshire.
Genuine career progression as the organisation evolves and grows.
Central Oxford location, close to the train station.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.