Data Analytics Auditor
*There are two positions available, one in our London office and the other in Newcastle - salary range varies*
Main purpose of the job:
The National Audit Office (NAO) supports Parliament to hold the government to account for the way public services are delivered. Our primary role is to scrutinise public spending for Parliament. We do this by certifying over 350 government accounts and produce around 65 Value for Money (VFM) reports each year.
In this role we will expect you to spend most of your time applying your knowledge of financial business processes and controls and your analytical skills and knowledge to build and implement analytical tools to support our range of assurance work.
You will join our Data Analytics Research Team, working with a team of data analysts and data scientists to develop and deliver analytical tools for our financial audit practice, alongside ad-hoc support for our VFM teams. Client engagement, supervision of junior staff and some project management of analytical projects is expected, along with delivery of training, and review and quality assurance of work completed.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead/assist in the identification and documentation of financial systems and their control points
- Design and implement analytical tools and solutions for financial audit colleagues to apply - such as frameworks, data models, visualisation and other analytical tools and applications in conjunction with our data scientists
- Engage with clients and audit teams on the collection of audit data and evidence
- Supervise junior staff conducting analysis
Key skills/competencies required:
Experience of working as a financial auditor, with an accounting qualification such as CIMA, CGMA, ACA, ACCA or CPFA. CISA is also acceptable.
A solid grounding in controls-based auditing and business process auditing, preferably using Data Analytics to audit these.
The successful candidate will be able to make a clear contribution in this role but we will provide you with a significant package of training to develop your understanding of financial systems, as well as support to develop further your data analytics skills, as required. You will have the opportunity to lead high-profile projects within the organisation, with unique and unparalleled access to public sector data and clients.
It will be essential that you can demonstrate the following:-
- CCAB or CISA qualified
- Experience of auditing business process and controls
- Can collaborate, co-operate and engage confidently with other colleagues, to develop, deliver and implement analytical tools for our financial audit practice, and to deliver a team output
- Intellectual curiosity, especially about using data, models and evidence to answer questions
- A willingness to learn new skills, and work with the team to continuously develop best practice
- Drive and determination to overcome obstacles, resistance or challenges in order to achieve goals
- Commitment to personal development and keeping technical skills up to date.
For further information on the required competencies please see the attached job description
- Submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter setting out briefly why you are suitable for the role.
- After the initial sifting there will a phone interview
- The final stage will consist of a task and face-to-face interview
- Closing date for applications is 11:55pm on Sunday 6th Jan 2018.