Senior Management Accountant
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Management Accountant to join the accountancy function a very successful, well-known restaurant chain in the United Kingdom. This role is located in their ideally situated Central London offices. The role will suit a personable candidate looking to progress in their career.
A well-known, succesful UK restaurant chain with global expansion plans.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT:
Working with the Financial Accountant, responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the preparation and presentation of the Operations pack
- Challenge the Ops managers on business performance relating to the Ops pack
- Ownership of preparation and accuracy of daily sales and weekly P&L reports
- Ad hoc analysis on stores P&Ls to understand business drivers and potential solutions to any variances
- Production of accurate Profit and Loss accounts for each restaurant within 4 working days
- To review assigned store P&Ls each period and review with relevant Ops Manager, obtaining explanations for variances and other information pertinent to current/ongoing performance
- Understand the detail in the accounts, trends and any variances to budget
- To assist with Profit and Loss queries from the restaurants
- Ownership for the completion of overheads budget for all restaurants.
- Be able to answer any queries and analysis on trends
- To work with the FP&A and Senior Finance Manager in implementing and documenting control procedures for all relevant functions.
- Manage a team of 2 assistant management accountants
- Ensure all team members have job descriptions, clear objectives and have regular reviews on performance
- To perform any other activity pertinent to the role as directed by the Head of FP&A.
- Work to streamline processes and identify areas that can be improved
- Review opportunities for potential cost savings across all accounts
PERSONAL QUALITIES OF THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT:
- Part-Qualified working towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA preferably finalist level)
- To demonstrate time management and planning skills to ensure all deadlines are consistently met.
- To manage and organise your own workload in a flexible manner to meet the needs of the business.
- To take ownership for all tasks, duties and responsibilities assigned, ensuring they are completed on time and to the required standard.
- To be attentive to detail and be thorough & accurate in all work undertaken both personally and individually within the team.
- To take ownership for problems as they occur and to be proactive in solving them.
- To always follow the correct systems and procedures for all work undertaken.
- To always show a positive approach to the job role.
- To communicate with all individuals both in both restaurants and in the office in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- To take a "hands on" approach to the job role.
- To lead by example.
- To instruct and manage the day-to-day workload of the purchase ledger team so that they are competent in all areas of the business pertinent to the job role.
- To perform any other activity pertinent to the job role as directed by CFO or Head of FP&A.
Between £40,000 to £50,000 (dependent of experience and level of qualification) with a comprehensive benefits package