Finance Business Partner
- To provide specialist advice and support on financial matters to Business Sectors, Business Areas and senior management, suggesting and supporting performance improvement initiatives.
- To support the implementation of plans, policies, systems, procedures and responsibilities which will achieve the strategic objectives of the area of support and responsibility and assist with delivery.
A large, international business who are market leaders in their sector.
- Design, support and ensure commonly understood working practices are in place
- Provide specialist advice and support on financial matters to Business Sectors, Business Areas and senior management, suggesting and supporting performance improvement initiatives.
- Fully understand the Business needs and support implementation of organisationally wide finance strategy to new business, service or products for sector or business areas.
- Support the implementation of plans, policies, systems, procedures and responsibilities which will achieve the strategic objectives of the area of support and responsibility and assist with delivery.
- Support Business Case preparation by providing robust and accurate financial analysis;
- Review monthly accounts, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policy
- Preparation and consolidation of annual budgets
- Preparation and consolidation of monthly forecasts and production of variance analysis to monitor spend
- Monitor and manage segment and sub segment cash performance
- Report financial performance, variance trends and key performance indicators to senior management and at management meetings
- Represent the Financial Controller when required
- Provide finance assistance and expertise to the senior management.
- Design and deliver key processes and changes to the business sector sites and department, improving end to end processes.
- Ensure month end reporting, controls, monthly checklists and reports are reviewed and completed for submission to Group.
- Ensure monthly forecasts are prepared, accurate and complete
- Ensure monthly variance analysis is completed for review on a timely basis with discrepancies investigated & resolved.
- Prepare the annual budget
- Report and manage cash performance
- Ensure unbilled reconciliations are complete, ensure invoices are raised against open orders
- Complete profit and loss and cash analysis to support business decisions.
- Take responsibility for Finance relationships with internal and external third parties and suggest improvements for the Finance Function.
The successful candidate will have:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification. It is worth noting if the candidate has 3 + years relevant industry experience than someone nearly qualified may also be considered.
- Budget setting experience, monitoring and variance analysis
- Proven experience in cost control monitoring and reduction
- Advanced excel skills
- Must have good commercial acumen
- Self-Motivated with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a fact paced environment and be adaptable to change
- A quick learner with a desire to further themselves through challenging targets
- Management accounting experience with prior knowledge of Service/Manufacturing Accounts is preferred.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel and work off site
The full time, permanent position offers a competitive salary and benefits including:
5% PR bonus
8% pension contribution
Childcare vouchers/cycle to work scheme
25 days holiday
Flexi Time Working