Group Senior Internal Auditor (option for relocation package)
You will be a key member of the Group Internal Audit team, you will be a senior member of the Group Internal Audit function. Reporting to the Director of Risk and Assurance, you will be responsible for supporting in the delivery of the internal audit plan, overseeing a high quality and value adding internal audit function and delivering independent assurance, insight and advice to the Group on their internal processes and controls.
Our client is a leading FTSE 250 organisation with an excellent reputation within the utilities and energy sector.
Group Senior Internal Auditor's key responsibilities:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the key stakeholders across the business, including senior management, auditees and other internal and external assurance providers.
- Oversight and development of the Internal Audit team including resource management and performance management consisting of objective setting, coaching, mentoring and undertaking appraisals
- Support the Director of Risk and Assurance in the development of the annual Internal Audit PlanUndertake high profile or complex internal audits in accordance with the Group Audit methodology
- Oversight and quality assurance of the terms of reference, audit fieldwork and audit reports produced by the internal audit team in accordance with the Group Audit methodology
- Attend audit close out meetings with the relevant auditor and senior stakeholders
- Produce internal audit reports for Finance Committee, Pennon Executive and Audit Committee and other ad-hoc reporting as required, for review by the Director of Risk and Assurance
- Manage and oversee the delivery of any audit work performed by third parties
- Ensure processes and methodology of the Group Audit function is compliant with the IIA standards.
- Financial accounting qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Minimum of 4 years commercial internal audit experience
Experience in performing risk based internal auditing across both financial and operational areas
Supervisory or leadership experience
- Internal Audit, IT audit, risk management or other relevant qualification e.g. PRINCE2
- Organisation skills - able to effectively prioritise and deliver multiple activities simultaneously to defined deadlines.
- Leadership and supervisory skills - able to effectively motivate, manage and lead direct reports.
- Communication - able to communicate with key stakeholders, including senior leaders, influencing and delivering difficult messages whilst maintaining effective relationships.
- Knowledge of internal audit and risk management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- IT skills - Superior Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
Upto £55,000 with a generous benefits package + £8,000 relocation package (T&Cs Apply)