Insurance IBA Accountant- £22,000-£28,000- City of London
Your new company
This insurance brokerage is going through company change at the moment. They are now looking for a junior IBA Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
This IBA position will involve the following:
- Analysis of bank receipts and payments and accurate and timely processing of related entries on the company accounting system (Eclipse).
- Reconciliation of cash receipts and payments with accounting entries.
- Processing payments to clients, markets and third parties using the company bank's internet system - premiums and claims.
- Preparation of IBA bank reconciliations.
- Dealing with foreign currency and exchange issues, as necessary.
- Communication with clients/markets (email and telephone) and internal SSL departments to resolve issues.
- Run standard and ad-hoc accounting reports (Eclipse and Excel), as necessary.
- Maintain documented notes on outstanding issues and agreed actions (query log).
- Regular meetings with Accounts team and reporting on issues to Head of Accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have 1-2 years experience in an IBA role and have good communication and team working skills
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary and great work benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.