Reporting Accountant Job - £28k - £36k - Pontypridd
Your new company
Your new company is a forward thinking research and development business.
Your new role
Your new role as reporting accountant is a key hire for the business. You will be supporting the head of financial reporting and compliance on a daily basis and working with a dynamic group financial controller. This role is more so involved in the detail of the accounts and would suit a candidate who is part or recently qualified and looking to secure a good growth role to develop their CV.
This role gives the successful candidate the opportunity to really impress senior managers in the business and solve problems independently. It will suit a candidate who is comfortable troubleshooting and delivering solutions themselves.
Key duties ; -
- Support the head of financial reporting with month end accounting entries, ledger close, analysis, reconciliations and cost centre reporting
- Manage the inter company process, developing and maintaining a control around inter company transactions
- Compete and submit group VAT returns, including all subsidiaries
- Assist with the preparation of the groups statutory accounts
- Assist with the development of the financial procedures manual
- Undertake projects as and when required to assist with the continued improvement of the financial reporting and compliance function
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will need to be comfortable problem solving and not afraid to step out of your comfort zone to find solutions to unfamiliar issues. You will ideally be studying for a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or already possess a formal qualification.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be offered a permanent role with a salary between £28,000 - £36,000 dependent on experience, along with a competitive benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.