An International Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain business, based in Hatfield, are looking for a new Assistant Accountant to join their growing team. Due to a huge growth and two new acquisitions they need someone willing to become a Management Accountant within 18 months. Ideal role for an up and coming accountant looking to get through there ACCA or CIMA.
As a leading Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain business, comprising of eight different brands with two new ones being added imminently through one of the acquisitions. They have built this portfolio from the ground up and want to bring people of entrepreneurial mind set. They want an ambitious Assistant Accountant to get promoted within 18 months dependent on your progress. My client are globally recognised experts in their field and deliver the highest quality product.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant:
- Produce and run Profit & Loss accounts, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements;
- Analyse and evaluate the accounts by producing the reports to the Head of Management;
- Recommend amendments to financial incentives by scrutinising the opportunity costs in the long term;
- Oversee the overall process of invoicing clients and bad debt;
- Manage permanent and temporary candidate placement starters.
- Carries out day to day accounting activities to maintain the financial activities in place;
- Create bespoke formulas and spreadsheets for a commission-based environment.
The successful candidate must have:
- Be educated to at least degree level or AAT Qualified
- Be Proficient in SAP.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Knowledge of preparing VAT returns;
- Organised to conduct monthly reviews and figures of company's accounts;
- Exposure in budgeting and forecasting;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated and team-oriented;
- Able to work under tight deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks;
The successful candidate will get a competitive salary of £25,000 to £29,000 plus full study support and private health care