ABBOTT IN IRELAND
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial and support operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS DIVISION (ADD) LONGFORD
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005. The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
We currently have a vacancy for a COST ACCOUNTANT and this role will involve the following:
Reporting to the Finance Manager and providing support to the site finance team across a number of key areas of the business. The ideal candidate must possess excellent data accuracy and analytical skills, be capable of working on own initiative and able to prioritise tasks and work under time constraints.
- Ensure the Finance department will meet Month End Deadlines for all Division Management Reports and General Ledger reports.
- Work with relevant departments to update BOMs (Bill of Materials) and Manufacturing Routers to calculate standard costs for all manufactured list numbers.
- Assist in the preparation of Divisional Plans & LBE’s with particular focus on MUV, Distressed Inventory and PPV to agreed deadlines.
- Review, analyse and report on work order variances while identifying potential project opportunities to meet Cost Improvement Targets.
- Support cost saving initiatives in conjunction with Business Excellence (BEx).
- Simplify complex multi-level data of analysis into concise and easy to understand reports for management review.
- Provide audit controls on Inventory by carrying out weekly and monthly cycle counts.
- Support Customs and Excise responsibilities for the Finance Department.
- Provide Financial Support to site manufacturing operations and other support areas.
OTHER SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent financial analysis skills & strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritize objectives and duties.
- Ability to support a cross-functional plant management teams.
- Ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office in particular MS Excel.
EDUCATION & BACKGROUND
- B.S. in Accounting or Relevant Business Course preferred and suitable candidates should be working towards a professional accreditation. Eg. CIMA, ACCA, ACA
- The ideal candidate should have 1-3 years’ experience in a cost accounting position in a manufacturing environment but will also consider ambitious graduates.
- Exposure to manufacturing activities, cost accounting and variance analysis would be ideal but not necessarily required.