I am happy to be supporting a long established global business based in Farnborough, Hampshire to recruit a Part-Qualified Accountant.
Part-Qualified Accountant - About the Role
You will report into the Financial Controller within a team of 6 in the Head Office group finance function. This role is to replace an accountant on a separate site who is retiring from the business, initially you will work from this UK site for a handover period of 3 months, during this time all your travel will be subsidised. After this period, you will return to Head Office in Farnborough, and sit there with the rest of the finance team permanently.
As the Part-Qualified Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Processing vendor invoices and employee expenses on SAP and the banking software
- Accrual, prepayment journals and managing the monthly bank reconciliation process
- Management of multi-currency bank accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Inter-company reporting and reconciliations
- VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales
- Credit Control
- AdHoc duties as required by the Financial Controller and Director
The successful Part-Qualified Accountant will have:
- Previous relevant experience of at least 2/3 years
- ACCA/CIMA qualification to Part-Qualified level or beyond, with an aim to complete in the next 1/2 years
- Experience of working in a multi entity operation with the ability to complete intercompany reconciliations
- Strong existing systems knowledge of - SAP, Sage Payroll and Excel (Intermediate)
- Exceptional communication at all levels is essential for this role, as you will be liaising and supporting non-finance professionals across the business and its multiple entities.
- The drive to establish yourself in an organisation that will invest in your qualification, career and development
- The ability to think outside the box, as there will be the opportunity to challenge process as the senior management are open to innovation
This role offers a market leading benefits package which includes:
- Unparalleled development
- A competitive salary of up to £35,000 + A Study Package
- Bonus scheme and financial recognition for work well done
- Onsite parking
- Healthcare, Life Assurance, Critical Illness and more
- Closed across Christmas, and holiday subsidised for this
- 5% pension match
This is truly an organisation and opportunity that would suit a progressive studier of ACCA/CIMA looking to settle long term and become fully qualified - With a career path beyond qualification.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)