Associate Finance Business Partner - Manchester
- Associate Finance Business Partner – Manchester Airport Operations
- Diverse and interesting workload
- £45-50k (dependent upon experience) plus bonus and benefits
MAG is a leading UK airport group and owns and operates three UK airports - Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands and employs over 6000 people. The Group sees over 58 million passengers flying through its airports every year. MAG also has a substantial property business, with over £525 million of investment property assets across its airports, and has a 50% investment in the £1 billion, 5 million sq ft Airport City development at Manchester Airport. Its MAG USA business works with airports to develop and operate terminal and retail solutions, passenger lounges and car parking facilities.
You’ll be providing finance business partner support to a number of senior stakeholders across Manchester Airport Operations. You will build effective working relationships with your stakeholders, providing decision making support through first class financial information reporting, analysis, insight and challenge, that links financial reports to business strategies and maintains strong governance and financial control.
You’ll join a team of three supporting the Operations functions. Reporting into the Senior Finance Business Partner and working closely with the Finance Business Partner, you will have responsibility for partnering with your own business areas and building your exposure to the Top 100 leaders.
You’ll have a diverse and interesting workload, working on a broad range of business cases with plenty of scope to make a real difference.
You’ll need to manage a diverse range of stakeholders who may have competing demands, so you’ll need to be adept at identifying priorities. You’ll balance both support and challenge, to ensure business momentum for your business areas, but coupled with strong governance.
- With a focus on the operating costs work streams, provide accurate, timely, robust and informative management information. Provide insight and advice on improving business performance against key KPIs.
- Prepare reporting for the operating expenditure budgets, regular reforecasts and weekly estimates in line with and to maintain a robust framework of financial control
- Prepare reports for the Manchester Finance team business units using analysis provided by the FSSC
- Provide appropriate levels of challenge to the business with the aim of maximising business profit and controlling costs.
- Develop medium and long-term business plans including appropriate performance targets and metrics to enable the achievement of agreed targets
- Financial support to stakeholders with understanding the financial implications of all business decisions through the production of ad hoc & non-standard analysis, modelling and ongoing tracking of business performance
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent qualification)
- PQE experience within fast moving, similar size organisations, where you have successfully managed and prioritised the demands of multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record in analytical skills, attention to detail and commercial acumen
- Considerable experience in reporting, financial analysis, management accounting and system dashboard skills
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for building successful relationships with stakeholders, able to constructively challenge where required
- Experience of thinking around problems, identifying and then implementing solutions.
- Strong IT system orientation including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills and experience of financial modelling. Knowledge of SAP will be beneficial though not essential.
- Ability to consolidate and present financial information in different formats and to be able to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions using local business knowledge.
What we offer:
We are offering a competitive salary of £45-50k (dependent upon experience) plus bonus and benefits.
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.